Monday, March 21, 2011

Issues

Having some issues with mythbuntu at the moment. Well, maybe not the software but the fact that we moved to Charter cable. Since charter is pretty lame about sending channel ids and encrypting most of there channels, the amount of shows to get recorded will probably go down.

Anyways, thinking about backing up the database and re-creating the entire system. Of course the few things that I need to do is save my xorg.conf file, save my custom ebdid.bin file (so audio gets passed correctly) and I think thats about it for now. Maybe some other things that I will remember.

One thing that bugs me is that I opened a Bug about mysql, and there hasnt been any activity on it in like 3 months, I think what the dev's want me to do is remove mysql and reinstall. This is a pretty lame excuse coming from a nix community. Thats more along the line of a windows thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment