Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mythtv with Windows

I thought I would try to run the windows version of mythtv on an old p3 workstation that I had sitting here. No I wasnt crazy enough to try to compile the whole thing, I cheated. I downloaded the pre-compiled version and ran it. Weird thing is that it is asking for a security pin. But on the backend its set to 0000. Which from my understanding was to not need a pin.....

I haven't got past that part yet to figure out why It is complaining about this. I did find that my mythtv user didn't want to connect to mysql because of the freaking mysql permissions. Trying to find the answer to the stupid 1045 error is like trying to pick the winning power-ball numbers while you are walking the plank on a pirate ship.

Anyways, more to come later....

No comments:

Post a Comment