Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Google Voice and Asterisk

So I thought I would try the google voice with the Centos/asterisk .iso

Here is what I have done so far.

Download the .iso from here.

(32bit) http://www.asterisk.org/downloads/asterisknow/i386/asterisknow32.iso
(64bit) http://www.asterisk.org/downloads/asterisknow/x86_64/asterisknow64.iso

Dug up an old pent3 with 512 megs of ram and a 40 gig hard drive
Dropped in the cd and booted from cd...

Once installed I set the networking options, gave the machine a static ip and set dns

Upon reboot I found that I couldnt ping anything on the outside world. Turns out I had to setup dns name resolution. So I did this.

nano /etc/resolv.conf Dropped in my router ip of 192.168.1.1

Saved the file, and was able to do a nslookup on google.

Now to update. From the prompt, yum list updates this will go out and check what needs to be udpated
Install the updates with this yum update then once they are all in reboot, O wait, dependency not meet. Sheesh.

Yum update skip something or other, ok dependency resolved

Never mind, it crapped out....Forget this yum,dumb update.. Format the disk and go back to ubuntu LTS and
install it from there...






1 comment:

  1. hahaha I just ran rm-rf /* on this sill centos...That was fun....Ok, back to ubuntu I go.

    ReplyDelete